Upper Mustang Trekking 17 Days
Upper Mustang trekking is popularly known as Mustang trekking. Among more trekkers Upper Mustang trekking is also well-known as Lo Manthang Trekking. This is an interesting treking that takes you to unspoiled Tibetan villages situated at the northern border between Nepal and Tibet. Foreigners were restricted to visit Lo Manthang till 1992 AD. Lo-Manthang is a small kingdom. Still it has a king. You visit the king’s palace surrounded by gompas and private houses. Upper Mustang Trekking gives you an opportunity to experience unique beauty of Himalayan desert, a strange and unusual landscape. Geographically the land is an extension of the Tibetan plateau, characterized by windy and arid valleys, eroded canyons and unique stratified rock formations. After back from Upper Mustang you also visit Muktinath, the famous temple of both Hindus and Buddhists. Visiting this holy site makes your Upper Mustang trekking more worthwhile.
Day 01: Upon arrival in Kathmandu International airport transfer to the hotel. Orientation of the trip. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Kathmandu / Pokhara. 7h scenic dive. O /n at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 03: Pokhara to Jomsom (2700m) by flight (20m). Trek to Kagbeni (2800m). 3h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 04: Kagbeni to Chaile (3050m)). 5h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 05: Chaile to Ghami(3520m). 5h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 06: Ghami to Tsarang(3500m). 4h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 07: Tsarang to Lo-Manthang(3700m). 5h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 08: Explore around Lo-Manthang (Visit Chhoser, Jhong cave, Nyphu Gompa). 5h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 09: Explore around the Lo-Manthang (Visit Thinker village, Summer palace and Namgyal Gompa). 5h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 10: Lo-Manthang to Dhakmara (3750m). O/n in basic Tea house.
Day 11: Dhakmara to Shyangmochen. O/n in basic Tea house.
Day 12: Shyangmochen to Chusang .O/n in basic Tea house.
Day 13: Chusang to Kagbeni. O/n in basic Tea house.
Day 14: Kagbeni to Jomsom. O/n in basic Tea house.
Day 15: Jomsom to Pokhara by flight. Afternoon free time. O/n at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 16: Drive back to Kathmandu. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 17: Transfer to the Kathmandu international airport for final departure.
What is Included in the Cost
- Airport pick up drop by private /car/van/bus
- Hotel Three Star standard (Hotel Marsyangdi/ Hotel Tibet) accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with cultural tour guide
- Entrance fees at various sight seeing
- All trekking permit fees & government taxes
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch, dinner) tea, coffee, chocolate during the trek
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- A highly experienced, friendly English speaking guide plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Porter (1 porter between two person basis) Max.30 kg. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- One Sherpa (guide assistance) group size more than 4 people. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Round trip air fare Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu as well domestic airport tax
- Douffle Bag
- First Aid medical kid
- Fare well dinner in Kathmandu
What is Excluded in the Cost
- Lunch & dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses, Personal equipments and Sleeping Bag
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, hot shower & hot water during the trek
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Tipping to crew
- Duration : 17 day(s)
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Trek Start from : Jomsom
- Trek end at : Jomsom
- Trek start Elevation : 2710m.
- Highest Elevation : 4120 m
- Best time : October, November, December, February, March, April
- Group Size : Minimum 2 People
- Mode of Trek : Tea House/Tent
Adventure Nepal Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage and cultural sites (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swoyambhu, Bouddhanath) Mountain Flight...read more
Amadablam is considered by some to be the prettiest mountain in the world. High on...read more
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is classic trek relatively short and can be completed in as...read more
Annapurna circuit trekking is considered to be the classic trekking trail in the Annapurna region....read more
Annapurna Ghandruk Trekking
Annapurna Ghandruk trekking is popular among those trekkers who love soft and few days walking....read more
Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking
Ghorepani Poon hill trekking is also known as the small Annapurna Circuit trekking, Poonhill trekking...read more
Bardia National Park
The Royal Bardia National Park was initially a Royal hunting reserve. It was in 1976...read more
It’s 3½ hours drive from Kathmandu. Bhote Kosi is a beautiful mountain river without a...read more