Rara Lake Trekking
Trekking in Rara Lake offers the best scenery on the north-western most side of Nepal. Within its confines lie the Rara national park, the smallest park in Nepal, where in turn the country's largest lake, the Rara Lake can be found (10.8 sq. km. At 2,990 meters). Considered one of the finest parks in the world, Rara National Park abounds in coniferous forest and is the ideal habitat for the musk deer, Himalayan black bear and other faunae. The Danfe (Impeyan Pheasant) the national bird of Nepal, flies above while a variety of fish, the snow trout, inhabit the Rara lake. Adding charm to the region are its generally open-hearted and friendly people. The trek can begin in Jumla (over an hours flight from Kathmandu) or from the nearer Nepalgunj. Rara is a good destination point for trekking in the west. The trail is very much "off the beaten path" and affords glimpses of culture and scenery very different from those in the rest of the country. The centerpiece of the park is the biggest lake of Nepal. Along mountain paths and a series of picturesque villages, one reaches the magnificent banks of Rara lake. The park includes Trans- Himalayan valley with high ridges covered with forest and alpine pastures.
Day 01: Upon arrival in Kathmandu International airport, transfer to the hotel. Orientation of the trip. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly to Nepalgunja. Overnight at hotel in Nepalgunja.
Day 03: Fly to Jumla(2370m). Then trek to Gothi chaur. O/ n in camp.
Day 04: Gothi chaur to Danphe Langna (3500m). O/ n in camp.
Day 05: Danphe Langna to Chautha (2770m). O/ n in camp.
Day 06: Chautha to Dhotu (2380m). O/ n in camp.
Day 07: Dhotu to Rara lake (3040 m). O/ n in camp.
Day 08: Rest and explore the beauty of the haven. O/ n in camp.
Day 09: Rara lake to Gorosingha (3190m). O/ n in camp.
Day 10: Gorosingha to Sinja (2440m). O/ n in camp.
Day 11: Sinja to Jaljala Chaur (3270m). O/ n in camp.
Day 12: Jaljala Chaur to Jumla (2370m). O/ n in camp.
Day 13: Fly to Nepalgunj. And fly back to Kathmandu. O/ n at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 14: Transfer to Kathmandu international airport for your onward journey.
What is Included in the Cost
- Airport pick up drop by private /car/van/bus
- Hotel Three Star standard (Hotel Marsyangdi/ Hotel Tibet) accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with cultural tour guide
- Entrance fees at various sight seeing
- All trekking permit fees & government taxes
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch, dinner) tea, coffee, chocolate during the trek
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- A highly experienced, friendly English speaking guide plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Porter (1 porter between two person basis) Max.30 kg. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- One Sherpa (guide assistance) group size more than 4 people. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Round trip air fare Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu as well domestic airport tax
- Douffle Bag
- First Aid medical kid
- Fare well dinner in Kathmandu
What is Excluded in the Cost
- Lunch & dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses, Personal equipments and Sleeping Bag
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, hot shower & hot water during the trek
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Tipping to crew
- Duration : 14 day(s)
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Trek Start from : Jumla
- Trek end at : Jumla
- Trek start Elevation : 2370 m
- Highest Elevation : 3710 m
- Best time : October, November, December, February, March, April
- Group Size : Minimum 2 People
- Mode of Trek : Tea House/Tent
Adventure Nepal Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage and cultural sites (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swoyambhu, Bouddhanath) Mountain Flight...read more
Amadablam is considered by some to be the prettiest mountain in the world. High on...read more
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is classic trek relatively short and can be completed in as...read more
Annapurna circuit trekking is considered to be the classic trekking trail in the Annapurna region....read more
Annapurna Ghandruk Trekking
Annapurna Ghandruk trekking is popular among those trekkers who love soft and few days walking....read more
Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking
Ghorepani Poon hill trekking is also known as the small Annapurna Circuit trekking, Poonhill trekking...read more
Bardia National Park
The Royal Bardia National Park was initially a Royal hunting reserve. It was in 1976...read more
It’s 3½ hours drive from Kathmandu. Bhote Kosi is a beautiful mountain river without a...read more