Mount Manaslu (8163m.) was first climbed in 1956 by a Japanese expedition. Its name comes from the Sanskrit word manias, meaning "intellect" or "soul". It is the same root word as that for Manasarover, the holy lake near Mt. Kailash in Tibet. Just as the British considered Everest their mountain, Manaslu has been always been regarded as the "Japanese mountain" by the Japanese; because of the fact that it was a Japanese expedition that first conquered its top.
HW Tillman and Jimmy Roberts photographed Manaslu during a trek in 1950. But the first real survey of the peak was made by a Japanese expedition in 1952. A Japanese team made the first serious attempt on the peak from the Buri Gandaki valley in 1953. When another team followed in 1954, the villagers of Samagaon told them the first team had been responsible for an avalanche that destroyed a monastery & refused to let the 1954 expedition climb. The expedition set off to climb Ganesh Himalayan instead. Despite a large donation for the rebuilding of the monastery, subsequent Japanese expeditions, including the one that made the first ascent in 1956, took place in an atmosphere of animosity and mistrust. The second successful Japanese expedition was in 1971.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport.
You will be met at the airport by our Adventure Jaljale representative and transfered to your hotel in Kathmandu. Rest at the hotel and briefing about the trip. There should be time to explore the city's many charms on your own too. Overnight (O/N) in Kathmandu (breakfast included).
Day 2-3: Last preparation day in Kathmandu.
Final Preparation for the expedition are planned for these days.
Day 4: Drive Arughat via Dhading
Day 5: Arughat - Sotikhola 6 hours
Day 6: Sotikhola - Machhakhola 6/7 hours
Day 7: Machhakhola - Jagat
Day 8: Jagat - Ukawa
Day 9: Ukawa - Ngyak 5/6 hours
Day 10: Nyak - Namrung 5/6 hours
Day 11: Namrung - Syalla village
Day 12: Syalla - Sama village
Day 13: Sama Village
Day 14: Sama Village - Manaslu Base camp
Day 15- 41: Climbing Period for Manaslu 8163m.
Day 42: Base camp - Sama village
Day 43: Sama - Namrung
Day 44: Namrung - Philim village
Day 45: Filim - Machakhola
Day 46: Machakhola - Soti
Day 47: Soti - Arughat
Day 48: Arughat drive to drive to Kathmandu
Day 49: Kathmandu leisure/ rest /sopping
Day 50: Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
What is Included in the Cost
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle in Kathmandu.
- Four nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast included.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during expedition period prepared by our cook with Tea and coffee.
- Local fresh fruits where available.
- Surface Transport to and from Kathmandu.
- Twin sharing tented camp accommodation and equipment for the expedition.
- Expedition map, one in a group.
- Expedition porter/Sherpa to carry your bags during the expedition.
- All camping gear and necessary staff for carrying, cooking and building camps.
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the expedition, the required number of cooks, porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine, transportation.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Boiled and purified drinking water.
- All required special permits and conservation fees..
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Farewell Dinner before departure.
What is Excluded in the Cost
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel insurance (Mandatory).
- International airfare and date change or ticket re issuance charges.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected but not mandatory).
- Alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, and supplementary hot drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls and internet service.
- Personal Equipment.
- Any others expenses not mentioned in package Includes section.
Muktinath-Pashupatinath Darshan Yatra
The famous temple of Muktinath lies in the district of Mustang. Muktinath is a pilgrimage...read more
Nepal Tour Package
Kathmandu – Mountain Flight – Chitwan – Pokhara Kathmandu Pokhara Chitwan tour is popular...read more
Nepal Village Tour
Nepal Village tours allow visitors to experience a stay in a typical Nepal village. You...read more
Poonhill Trekking 10 Days
The Ultimate destination Ghorepani (Poonhill ) is one of the best view point of the...read more
Rara Lake Trekking
Trekking in Rara Lake offers the best scenery on the north-western most side of Nepal....read more
Sunkoshi River Rafting
The Sunkoshi ‘River of gold’ has been rated as one of the top ten rafting...read more
Trishuli River Rafting
Nepal is one of the best place in the world for rafting and kayaking. Surrounded...read more