Jiri Everest Base Camp Trekking
Jiri to Everest base camp trekking is one the classic trekking destination in Nepal. It is one of the popular trails not only in Nepal but also in the world. Because, when Duo Tenjing Norgey Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary made the successful ascend to the top of Mt. Everest (8,848 m), the highest peaks in the world in 1953, they had followed this route. Therefore, thousands of tourists still make it to this route to Everest base camp.
Instead of Jiri, the trekking these days begins from the place called Bhandar since the bus is now available up to Bhandar, the gateway to Everest base camp. But it is axcessible only in winter time thus most of the tourist start from Jiri due to the rough road. It is one of the longest trekking trails in Nepal; however the opportunities you get to explore the settlement of different ethnic groups, local food and delicacies, Buddhist monasteries, temples, splendid landscapes, jungle, flora and fauna through this route is almost impossible from any other part of destinations.
Day 01: Upon arrival in Kathmandu International airport transfer to the hotel. Orientation of the trip. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Jiri (6 hrs scenic drive). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 03: Jiri to Shivalaya (1767m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Shivalaya to Bhandar (2,040m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Bhandar to Sete (2,575m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Sete to Junbesi (2,675m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Junbesi to Nuntala (2,320m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 08: Nuntala to Bupsa (2,310m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 09: Bupsa to Ghat (2,490m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Ghat to Namche (3,440m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Day for acclimatization in Namche Bazaar/ Excursion to Syangboche and Khumjung Village. Back to Namche Bazaar. O/n at mountain lodge
Day 12: Namche to Tengboche (3,860m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Tengboche to Pheriche (4,312m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 14: Pheriche to Lobuche (4,920m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 15: Lobuche to Gorakshep(5,140m). Same day hike to Kalapatthar (5,545m) back to Gorakhashep. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 16: Gorakshep to Everest Base Camp. Trek back to Lobuche. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 17: Lobuche to Pangboche. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 18: Pangboche to Namche Bazaar. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 19: Namche to Phakding. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 20: Phakding to Lukla (2,840m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 21: Fly from Lukla (2,840m) to Kathmandu (1,310m). O/n at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 22: Transfer to the Kathmandu international airport for final departure.
Note: The Lukla airport is surrounded by High Mountains range so the weather is not stable and it changes frequently. The Kathmandu to Lukla flight is possible to be delayed for a few hours or even cancelled for a day or more. It is very rarely but it could happen even in the best trekking season. We will request you to allocate extra days in Kathmandu before your departure.
What is Included in the Cost
- Airport pick up drop by private /car/van/bus
- Hotel Three Star standard (Hotel Marsyangdi/ Hotel Tibet) accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with cultural tour guide
- Entrance fees at various sight seeing
- All trekking permit fees & government taxes
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch, dinner) tea, coffee, chocolate during the trek
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- A highly experienced, friendly English speaking guide plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Porter (1 porter between two person basis) Max.30 kg. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- One Sherpa (guide assistance) group size more than 4 people. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Round trip air fare Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu as well domestic airport tax
- Douffle Bag
- First Aid medical kid
- Fare well dinner in Kathmandu
What is Excluded in the Cost
- Lunch & dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses, Personal equipments and Sleeping Bag
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, hot shower & hot water during the trek
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Tipping to crew
- Duration : 22 day(s)
- Trip Grade : Pleasure
- Trek Start from : Jiri,Trek End at : Lukla
- Trek start Elevation : 2810 m.
- Highest Elevation : 5545 m
- Group Size : 2-15
- Best time : September, October, November, December, February, March, April
- Mode of Trek : Tea House/Tent
Adventure Nepal Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage and cultural sites (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swoyambhu, Bouddhanath) Mountain Flight...read more
Amadablam is considered by some to be the prettiest mountain in the world. High on...read more
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is classic trek relatively short and can be completed in as...read more
Annapurna circuit trekking is considered to be the classic trekking trail in the Annapurna region....read more
Annapurna Ghandruk Trekking
Annapurna Ghandruk trekking is popular among those trekkers who love soft and few days walking....read more
Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking
Ghorepani Poon hill trekking is also known as the small Annapurna Circuit trekking, Poonhill trekking...read more
Bardia National Park
The Royal Bardia National Park was initially a Royal hunting reserve. It was in 1976...read more
It’s 3½ hours drive from Kathmandu. Bhote Kosi is a beautiful mountain river without a...read more