Mostly trekking means walking on hill or mountains with bag pack, where we need to spend at least one night. Most of the tourist think trekking means you need to go way from city and need have many days, but this is not always right. If you have only two or three days in Nepal also can do some trekking.
Sundarijal Chisopani Nagarkot Trek
This Sundarijal Chisapani Nagarkot trek
is uniquely designed to provide the best feeling of nature, beautiful villages, terrace with seasonal crops like mustard and wheat and it offers magnificent mountain views. Through Sundarijal we start trekking following dense forest, villages, terraces and again oak rhododendron forest. Interacting with local people away from the hubbub of city will add another experience. Early sunrise view at Nagarkot is the most fascinating and mesmerising view. The most popular walk leads down from Nagarkot along a ridge to the temple of Changu Narayan-with views of Sankhu village to the right and Bhaktapur to the left.
Sundarijal Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking Itinerary
- Day 1 : Arriving in Kathmandu and check in Hotel.
- Day 2 :Drive to Sundarijal which takes approximately one hour and trek from Sunjdarijal to Chisapani and it takes about four and half hours. The unpaved road from Kathmandu turns into a trail near a small hydroelectric plant. The trail will enter through the Shivpuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. The first settlement you will come across is Mulkharka with Tamang habitants. The route heads down the ridge through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisopani (2300m.) Over night at Guest house
- Day 3 :Trek from Chisapani to Nagarkot which takes about six and half hours. In the morning you are attracted by the northern mountain views. Your trek starts to Chauki Bhanjag, which takes about 2 and half hours. You continue the charming trails leading you toward Nagarkot. Nagarkot, (2175m) is by far one of the most popular destination. In the clear weather the Himalaya range, stretching from Dhaulagiri in the west all the way past Everest to Kanchenjunga in the east, emerges from the darkness to greet the happy visitor with its awe inspiring majesty and beauty. Over night at Hotel.
- Day 4: Trek from Nagarkot to Changunarayan which takes approximately three and half hours and drive from Changunarayan to Kathmandu and it takes about one and half hours. The most popular walk leads down from Nagarkot along a ridge to the temple of Changu Narayan-with views of Sankhu village to the right and Bhaktapur to the left. Changunarayan is situated at the end of a long ridge which runs well into the valley, it is said to have been built in 323 AD by King Hari Datta Varma. The temple is richly decorated with sculptures and carvings. It is said to be the oldest temple in the valley. After excursion in and around Changunarayan you board the vehicle to get back to Kathmandu.
- Day 5 : You can have other sightseeing or Departure.
- Pick up & drop-off to/from Kathmandu Airport.
- Two nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Trekking Guide
- Necessary Porter (one porter in between two people)
- Trekking Entry permit
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner during trek
- Accommodation during the trek
- Road transportation
- Insurance for guide & porter that includes their emergency rescue
- First aid kits
- Tips for guide and porter
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Hotel for more than two nights in Kathmandu
- Alcohol and any drinks on trek (including bottled water)
- All expenses of a personal nature e.g. toilet paper, medicines, confectionary etc
- Nepal entry visa fee
Sarangkot Sunrise Trek
Sarangkot is the most popular tourist destination from where the tourist can enjoy the great view of the Pokhara Valley and the magnificent view of the mountains. Sarangkot is only 5 km from Lake Side, Pokhara. Sarangkot is the highest view point for a sunrise and it is just 1592m high. Sarangkot is 5 degrees cooler than Pokhara. Sarangkot can be reached easily by 45 minutes by a car ride to the top from Pokhara and then 45 minutes hike up to the main view point. Many tourists come to Sarangkot for sunrise view and go back after few hours but it will be good if tourist stay there for one night and enjoy the view and city light of Pokhara from Sarangkot. Paragliding can also be done from Sarangkot. From Sarangkot, on the northern direction we can see Dhaulagiri in the far west. Annapurna range is visible when the weather is clear on the same side. On the southern direction the village overlooks the city of Pokhara and its lake on the north-western outskirts of the city.
Pokhara Sarangkot Sunrise Trek Itinerary
- Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with company’s representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing, relax.
- Day 2: Full day Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley with Tour Guide by private car, overnight in Hotel.
- Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Sightseeing in Pokhara Valley with Guide by private car. Drive from Pokhara to Sarangkot for Sunset View above the high Himalayan Range and stunning view of Annapurna Range, Dhaulagiri Range, Machhapuchhre and other snow-capped mountains as well as Pokhara Valley. Overnight in Resort.
- Day 4: Early in the morning, hike to View Tower for Sunrise View over the Annapurna Massif and other high mountains. Enjoy with majestic view of Annapurna Range, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri Range and scenic Pokhara Valley. Back to Resort and have a breakfast. After breakfast, just prepare for the Paragliding from Sarangkot to Pokhara Valley. Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 5: Drive from Pokhara to World Peace Stupa and enjoy with spectacular view of the high Himalayan Ranges and scenery of Pokhara Valley as well as Phewa Lake. Climb down to Lake Side through the Deep Forest and take a boat and visit Phewa Lake and have a Lunch, after Lunch fly back to Kathmandu. Transfer to Hotel by private car.
- Day 6: Full day Sightseeing in Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Square with Tour Guide by private car, Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 7: Departure to International Airport.
- Pokhara to Sarangkot-Pokhara by car, van
- An English speaking guide and porter(s)
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Tea/Coffee three times a day
- One night hotel in Sarangkot
- Personal Insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Pokhara
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Personal expenses
- Tipping (Tips)
- Bar bills & Beverages