Mt. Kailash (6714m), Asia's most sacred mountain, is located in a high and isolated enclave of West Tibet . It is one of three pilgrimages sites in the area, known collectively as Kangri Tsosum. All are said to be at the heart of the ancient Shangshung kingdom, the supposed land of origin of the pre-Buddist Bonpos. Mt Kailash is their sould-mountain, which they also call Yungdrung Gu Tse, the Nine-story Swastika Mountain .
It is a 53-km pilgrim path around Mt. Kailash . It begins and ends at Darchen, a small settlement at the mountain south base and in the process visits four monasteries crosses the high Drolma La Pass (5636m). Three days is perhaps the minimum time required to walk leisurely around the mountain: spend two nights in or near Dira Phuk and Zutrul Phuk Monasteries. If conditions permit, try to stay four or five days, which would allow time for short trips to the inner regions of the area.
Itinerary: Holy Kailash Parikrama (Kailash Inner Kora) - 17 Days
- Day 01: Katmandu (1300 mts.) Arrival, our reprehensive will meet at the airport and escort to the Hotel, Free at own and Evening dinner, overnight stay at Katmandu.
- Day 02: Katmandu - After breakfast start to Katmandu sightseeing including Pashupatinath and Budha Nikanth Darshan, back to hotel and rest of the day is free for packing and program briefing.
- Day 03: Katmandu to Nyalam (3700 mts. - 160kms.) - This is the first day of the Yatra. After breakfast depart from Katmandu to China border by reserved tourist coach. It takes about 05 hours. Our agent will complete custom formalities and check into Tibet - an autonomous part of China. After lunch drive to a small Tibetan town called Nyalam by Land Cruiser. Overnight stay at Nyalam Guest House. Breakfast and dinner in camp side and packed lunch will be provided.
- Day 04: Nyalam Full day acclimatization - Full day free for excursion of Nyalam city.
- Day 05: Nyalam to Saga / Dongba (4500mts. - 375kms) - After breakfast drive from Nylam to Dongba for about 08:00 hours. Overnight stay at Dongba in tent or guesthouse.
- Day 06: Saga / Dongba (4500mts. - 335kms) to Mansarovar - After breakfast drive from Dongba to Mansarovar about 07:00 hours. Overnight stay in tent or guesthouse.
- Day 07: Mansarovar to Darchen (4600mts. - 110kms.) - Mansarovar Parikrama by Land Cruiser. We will choose the special point to take dip in Manasarovar Lake and do Pooja of Lord Shiva. Full day free for spiritual activities. Drive around 2.30 hrs to Darchen and overnight stay there.
- Day 08: Drive to Yumdwari, start trek as first day Parikrama to Dirapuk, O/N stay at tent.
- Day 09: Trek to Dolmala pass, continue trek to Gauri Kund, Sindhu River and camp at River side.
- Day 10: Trek to Kuber Kund, Darshan on east face of Kailash, continue trek to Zuthul puk, O/N stay at the tent.
- Day 11: Trek to Darchen, rest. O/N stay at the guest house.
- Day 12: Drive to Astapad, trek to bottom Kailash, O/N stay at the camp.
- Day 13: Trek to sapta Rishi cave, Nandi Parikrama, continue trek to Darchen, O/N stay at the guest house.
- Day 14: Darchen to Dongba - Drive back to Dongba.
- Day 15: Dongba to Nyalam - Drive back to Nyalam, which is the last stay in Tibet part.
- Day 16: Nyalam to Katmandu - After custom formalities we will be picked up by Nepal side and continue drive to Kathmandu for about 05.00 hours and check into same hotel.
- Day 17: Morning check out hotel, transfer to airport, catch flight for next DestinationOptions for early departure or you use your extra day for Himalayan mountain flight, Manakamana road trip, or Muktinath tour (Contact Samrat Tours & Travels for more information about option day trip at additional cost) .
Itinerary can be customized according by your desire and requirements whether you want make shorter or longer.
Note of above Itinerary: O/N = Over Night, B & B = Bed & Breakfast, FB (Full Board) = Accommodation, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Tour Cost :
- INR 145,500.00 Per Person for Indian.
- NRI US$ 3150.00 Per Person for Foreigner or NRIs.
- Arrival & departure transportation
- Sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Budhanilkantha.
- 3 nights hotel at Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with all meals
- Transfer to Kodari by tourist bus
- Tibet side: accommodation in decent hotel/tents
- While camping we provide two-man tents, mattresses, sleeping bag & camping equipments like dining & toilet tents
- Pure vegetarian meals prepare by our escort.
- A/C coach/ Japanese land cruisers (4WD) & support trucks
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Nepali tour leader
- Gamow bag, oxygen, basic first-aid kit.
- Kailash permit & normal Tibet/China visa fee.
- Kodari land tax.
- Airfares from Home - Kathmandu - Home
- All beverages, Photography charges and Telephone calls
- Travel Insurance of clients
- Emergency evacuation expenses.
- Riding Yak/Horse for Kailash Parikrama (direct payable to Yak/horse herder)
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation
- expenses of personal urgent visa fee etc & Services other than specified