Kathmandu Lumbini tour is a combined tour packeage to see the kathmandu and Lumbini. The Kathmandu valley is full of historic, artistic and cultural interests with the visibility of the peaks of majestic Himalaya from several parts. One can find uncountable numbers of ancient golden pagoda temples and shrines throughout the valley with lots of inspiring Hindu and Buddhist deities, along with seven UNESCO Cultural World Heritage Sites as; Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Swyambhunath, Changunarayan, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square and Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
Lumbini is the birth place of Lord Buddha and has been declared as a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. It is small town in the southern Terai plains of Nepal, where the ruins of the old city can still be seen. At the age of 80, he left this world with thousands of followers to keep Buddhism alive. Lumbini has since been a holy ground for Buddhists all over the world. The restored garden and surroundings of Lumbini have the remains of many of the ancient stupas and monasteries. An important part of Lumbini is the temple of Maya Devi. It has stone image of Maya Devi giving birth to Lord Buddha as she holds onto a branch.
An outline itinerary for Kathmandu-Pokhara Tour
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Welcome at International Airport by our Tour Manager /Transfer to the Hotel / briefing regarding Package and other necessary information about the sight seeing points and timing. O/night at Hotel.
- Day 02: Full day Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour
- Morning breakfast at Hotel /sight seeing tour (visit Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Swaymbhunath, kathmandu Patan and Bhaktapur Durbar) overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03: Fly or Drive to Lumbini
- Flight from Kathmandu to Bhairahawa takes 35 mints and from there it is 30 mints drive to Lumbini. One can also drive to Lumbini (3,00 km) from Kathmandu. Overnight in Hotel
- Day 04: Lumbini Tour
- Lumbini Tour includes visit to the Mayadevi temple and tour of surrounding areas of Lumbini Development Trust (LDT). The 3 square mile area of LDT includes Sacred Garden, Monastic Zone and New Lumbini Village.
- Day 05: Religious and archeological sites of Kapilavastu
- Drive and visit religious and archeological sites of Tilaurakot, Gotihawa, Kudan, Siddharthanagar, Niglihara, Sagarhawam Aurorakot. Tilaurakot is the ancient Kapilabastu - the capital of Shakya. Kudan was where Buddha was received by his father after his access to enlightenment. Gotihawa is the birth place of Krakuchanda Buddha. Niglihawa is where Kanakmuni Buddha was born. Sagarhawa is the archeological findings as "place of the Massacre of the Shakyas".
- Day 06: Fly or Drive back to kathmandu
- Flight from Bhairahawa to Kathmandu to takes 35 mints and from there it is 30 mints drive to Lumbini. One can also drive to Kathmandu (3, 00 km) from Lumbini. Overnight in Hotel
- Day 07: Final Departure
- Morning Breakfast at Hotel/ Departure for Int. airport for your next destination. After breakfast, free day till departure. Transfer to Kathmandu airport
Note: - if you are interested then 1 Hour Mountain flight (optional)