Chitwan national park is oldest national park in Nepal. It is situated in the subtropical inner Terai lowlands of south central Nepal. The park was declared as a world heritage site in 1984 by UNESCO. The park consists of a unique ecosystem, including the chure hills, ox- bow lakes and the flood plain of the Rapti Reu, and Narayani River. This is one of the richest wildlife habitants of Asia. Approximately 70% of the parks vegetation is Sal forest. The remaining vegetation types includes grassland 20%, riverine forest 7% and Sal with chirpine 3%
There are more then 43 species of mammals in the park. It is specially renowned for the endangered one- horn rhinoceros, the tiger and the Gharial crocodile along with many other common species such as gaur, elephant, four horned antelope, striped hyena, pangolin, Gangetic dolphine, samara, deer, etc. about 450 species of birds founds in this park like: bengol florican, riant hornbill, lesser florican, black stork and white stork. Common birds seen in the park include the peafowl, red jungle owl, woodpeckers etc.
This national park offer many tourist activities like elephant safari, jungle safari tour, jeep safari tour, tharu culture tour, Rafting, fishing, bird watching. Elephant back ride safari is the most popular activity of National Park and provides opportunity to get a closer view of the endangered one-horned rhinoceros along with other may faunas in the park. One may also get a glimpse of the elusive Bengal tiger. Elephant breeding Center at Khorsor.
Not only above places but also there are many other natural, cultural and historical places in This national park but all are not possible to see in short period so we, Nepal trekking and tours Pvt. Ltd have customize and created best national park our package to fulfill your dream of Jungle safari tour. We hope and wish your jungle safari tour will be memorable tour for whole life.
An outline itinerary for Pokhara Tour- 5 Days
- Day 01: Arrive,meet in the international airport in KATHMANDU, welcome by our office representative, drop to Hotel in kathmandu and meet with our office manager at hotel and brief about tour program, hand over itinerary and collect payment. Rest of day free.
- Day 02:- After breakfast early in the morning drop to Chitwan National Park, pick up from Bus Park or airport. Rooms assigned, and have lunch then after short briefing about national park tour and facilities. Then after tour guide will take you to the tharu village where you can learn about tharu’s life and lifestyle. Then after national park visitor’s center. There you can learn history of national park and wildlife. Then back to hotel and have dinner and sleep.
- Day 3: early morning wake up and breakfast. Then start canoe riding, bird watching, jungle walk and on the way back one can enjoy elephant bathing. 1 pm lunch and rest till 3 pm. 3 pm start Elephant- ride safari. You will ride on an elephant to visit the jungle and wildlife. You can see the one-horned rhinoceros, deer, monkeys, wild boar, sloth bear, leopard and many more animals. In the evening tharu culture program and slide show. Back to hotel and have a lunch.
- Day 4: early wake and have breakfast, visit elephant breeding center then departure for kathmandu. When arrive in kathmandu, on the way shyambhunath stupa sightseeing than transfer to hotel and rest.
- Day 5: One hour mountain flight (if interesting)
- Afternoon departure for home country
- If interesting to experience the snow Mountain View closely including world’s highest mountain, Mt. Everest then one hour mountain flight offers luxurious option. One can clearly see and identify the peaks, Himalayan landscape and glaciers. We can there peak in one hour. Mt Everest, gosaithan Himal, Dorje lakpa Himal, phurbi himal, gaurishankar himal, cho oyu himal and many more
if you are interested then 1 Hour Mountain flight (optional)