Everest Gokyo Lake Trek Fact
- Trek Start from : Lukla,Trek End at : Lukla
- Grade : Moderate/Difficult
- Trek start Elevation : 2810 m.
- Highest Elevation : 5357 m.
- Group Size : Minimum 2 People
- Best time : September, October, November, December, February, March, April
- Mode of Trek : Teahouse / Tent
- Trek Duration : 13 days
Gokyo lake trekking is another most famous trekking destination in Everest region. It is famous because, you will have an opportunity to explore the mountain valley, Gokyo valley and the mountain lake located at 4,750 m. height. You will also have an opportunity explore the wide range of sceneries of majestic Himalayas including of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Thamserku from the high mountain valley and pass, pass through the rocky and sloppy hills, incredible landscapes and no doubt you will have chance to explore the unique culture, tradition and lifestyles of Sherpa ethnic groups residing alongside the trails. Gokyo valley trekking is perhaps the most amazing routes and also is the alternative route to the Everest base camp trekking routes, because it is a short destination in comparison to Everest base camp trekking. Gokyo Lake lies in the north-east of Kathmandu and to the west of the Everest base camp. The trekking to this area offers really excellent views of mountains lying on the Everest Himalayan range.
Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking Itinerary
- Day 01: Upon arrival in Kathmandu International airport transfer to the hotel. Orientation of the trip. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla (45 minutes flight). Then trek to phakding. 3hrs walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3446m). 6h walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 04: Day for acclimatization in Namche Bazar. Excursion to Namche Bazaar and Syangboche. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 05: Namche bazaar to Dole (4200m). 7h walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 06: Dole to Machchhermo (4470m). 4h walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 07: Machchhermo to Gokyo (4790m). 5h walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 08: Excursion around Gokyo Lake climb Gokyo Ri (5357). O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 09: Gokyo to Dole (4200m). 5h walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 10: Dole to Namche Bazaar (3446m). 5h walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 11: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m). 3h walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu. The rest of the day free. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 13: Transfer to the Kathmandu International airport for your onward Journey.
Note: The Lukla airport is surrounding by High Mountains range so that the weather is does not stable and it change frequently. The Kathmandu to Lukla flight is possible to be delayed for a few hours or even cancelled for a day or more. It is very rarely but it could happen even in the best trekking season. We will request you to allocate extra days in Kathmandu before your departure.
- Airport pick up drop by private /car/van/bus
- Hotel Three Star standard (Hotel Marsyangdi/ Hotel Tibet) accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with cultural tour guide
- Entrance fees at various sight seeing
- All trekking permit fees & government taxes
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch, dinner) tea, coffee, chocolate during the trek
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- A highly experienced, friendly English speaking guide plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Porter (1 porter between two person basis) Max.30 kg. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- One Sherpa (guide assistance) group size more than 4 people. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Round trip air fare Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu as well domestic airport tax
- Douffle Bag
- First Aid medical kid
- Fare well dinner in Kathmandu
- Lunch & dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses, Personal equipments and Sleeping Bag
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, hot shower & hot water during the trek
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Tipping to crew