Everest Base Camp Trek Fact
- Trek Start from : Lukla, Trek End at : Lukla
- Grade : Moderate/Difficult
- Trek start Elevation : 2810 m.
- Highest Elevation : 5545 m.
- Group Size : Minimum 2 People
- Best time : September, October, November, December, February, March, April
- Mode of Trek : Teahouse / Tent
- Trek Duration : 14 days
The trek to the 5365m Everest Base Camp, or the South Base Camp, and Kala Pattar via the Nepalese southern route is probably the best known trekking trail in the world. Passing through the Everest region bordering China (formerly Tibet),the Everest Base Camp Trek is a unique experience of majestic mountains and spectacular landscapes, rare local flora and fauna and of course the opportunity to gain insight into the culture, customs and hard life of the local peoples who make their home in this remote mountain region. A complete contrast from one’s busy life might be the sole purpose of trekking to Everest Base Camp. Physically, this trek is tough; however it pays off when you get to Everest Base Camp and climb the 5643m Kala Patthar for glorious views of Mt Everest and the surrounding mountains! The feelings of achievement which comes from such hard walking keeps inspiring people to strive for success in their life long after the trek is over!
Everest Base Camp Trekking Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu international airport than transfer to the hotel. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla (2810m). Trek to Phakding (2652m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3446 m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 04: Rest in Namche Bazaar/ Excursion Namche Bazaar and Syangboche(3880m). Back to Namche Bazaar. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche(3867 m). 7h walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 06: Tengboche to Dingboche(4260m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 07: Rest in Dingboche. Day excursion to Chukung Village. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 08: Dingboche to Lobuche(4930 m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 09: Lobuche to Gorkhashep(5140m). Day hike to the everest base camp (5320m). Return back to the Gorakhashep. O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 10: Early in the morning climb to the kalapathar (5555m). Trek to Pheruche (4240 m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
- Day 11: Pheruche to Namche Bazaar.9h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
- Day 12: Namche Bazzar to Lukla. 7h walking. O/n at mountain lodge.
- Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 14: Transfer to the airport for your onward journey
Note: The Lukla airport is surrounding by High Mountains range so that the weather is does not stable and it change frequently. The Kathmandu to Lukla flight is possible to be delayed for a few hours or even cancelled for a day or more. It is very rarely but it could happen even in the best trekking season. We will request you to allocate extra days in Kathmandu before your departure.
- Airport pick up drop by private /car/van/bus
- Hotel Three Star standard (Hotel Marsyangdi/ Hotel Tibet) accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with cultural tour guide
- Entrance fees at various sight seeing
- All trekking permit fees & government taxes
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch, dinner) tea, coffee, chocolate during the trek
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- A highly experienced, friendly English speaking guide plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Porter (1 porter between two person basis) Max.30 kg. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- One Sherpa (guide assistance) group size more than 4 people. Plus their salary, insurance and equipments
- Round trip air fare Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu as well domestic airport tax
- Douffle Bag
- First Aid medical kid
- Fare well dinner in Kathmandu
- Lunch & dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses, Personal equipments and Sleeping Bag
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, hot shower & hot water during the trek
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Tipping to crew