Amadablam is considered by some to be the prettiest mountain in the world. High on her Southwest face hangs a glacier resembling a 'Dablam' - the sacred ornament box worn by ladies in the Sherpa community. It was this spectacular feature that got her the name "Ama Dablam". She lies alongside Everest in the heart of the Khumbu valley offering a superb close up view of Mt Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu and Mt. Everest. If you have previous climbing experience and wish to participate as a team member of an expertly led expedition to one of the world's most impressive mountains then the climbing expedition to Ama Dablam is for you! Although it's height is "only" 6812m, Ama Dablam is quite demanding technically: the expedition requires steep ice, rock and snow climbing. Over and above the base camp (4,570m) there are three more camps. However, only two of these are used to spend the night. The normal route for climbing is South-West Ridge. The ascent from Base Camp to the next camp will be one of the most difficult days of the expedition.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport.
Day 2: Last preparation day in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Official works for expedition and briefing by officer of Ministry of Tourism.
Day 4: Kathmandu – Lukla 2860m. by flight then trek to Phakding 2622m.
Day 5: Phakding – Namche Bazaar 3440m.
Day 6: Namche – Acclimatization & rest.
Day 7: Namche Bazaar – Thyangboche 3867m.
Day 8: Thyangboche – Ama Dablam Base Camp 4600m.
Days 9-22: Climbing period for Ama Dablam expedition 6812m.
Day 23: Clean up Base Camp Thyangboche 3867m.
Day 24: Ama Dablam Base camp – Thyangboche.
Day 25: Thyangboche – Namche Bazaar.
Day 26: Namche Bazaar – Phakding.
Day 27: Phakding – Lukla then transfer to Tea-house Lodge.
Day 28: Early flight back to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
Day 29: (optional) Free day in Kathmandu
O/N at guesthouse in Kathmandu (breakfast included)
Day 30: Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
What is Included in the Cost
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle in Kathmandu.
- Four nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast included.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during expedition period prepared by our cook with Tea and coffee.
- Local fresh fruits where available.
- Surface Transport to and from Kathmandu.
- Twin sharing tented camp accommodation and equipment for the expedition.
- Expedition map, one in a group.
- Expedition porter/Sherpa to carry your bags during the expedition.
- All camping gear and necessary staff for carrying, cooking and building camps.
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the expedition, the required number of cooks, porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine, transportation.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Boiled and purified drinking water.
- All required special permits and conservation fees..
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Farewell Dinner before departure.
What is Excluded in the Cost
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel insurance (Mandatory).
- International airfare and date change or ticket re issuance charges.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected but not mandatory).
- Alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, and supplementary hot drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls and internet service.
- Personal Equipment.
- Any others expenses not mentioned in package Includes section.
Adventure Nepal Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage and cultural sites (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swoyambhu, Bouddhanath) Mountain Flight...read more
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is classic trek relatively short and can be completed in as...read more
Annapurna circuit trekking is considered to be the classic trekking trail in the Annapurna region....read more
Annapurna Ghandruk Trekking
Annapurna Ghandruk trekking is popular among those trekkers who love soft and few days walking....read more
Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking
Ghorepani Poon hill trekking is also known as the small Annapurna Circuit trekking, Poonhill trekking...read more
Bardia National Park
The Royal Bardia National Park was initially a Royal hunting reserve. It was in 1976...read more
It’s 3½ hours drive from Kathmandu. Bhote Kosi is a beautiful mountain river without a...read more
Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
Buddhist Pilgrimage tour is especially made to highlight the major Buddhist heritage sites of Nepal....read more